Monday 19 April 2010

Baby breakfast ideas

If you're anything like me, then you're not a fan of the morning! All I want is to get a cup if tea and some breakfast in me and then I can start functioning normally.
This wasn't so bad when Mathilda was still exclusively breast fed, as I could let her have her breakfast as I ate mine or was still half asleep in bed!
Now that she's on solids I need to prepare her something to eat too and with my lack of motivation skills in the morning, I like to prepare something quick and easy. So I give her baby cereal or oats.
Now, I don't add milk to these as I'm too lazy to express my own milk and don't want to use formula.
Baby cereal made with just water is eeeeeeewwwwwwwww! Mathilda wont eat much of it on its own and I felt bad even offering it to her.
So here is a list of things I have added to the cereal over the months that have been a hit with Mathilda.

- Raisins. These are pretty good as not only do they add flavour but they also soak up some of the water and become nice and squishy. Just right for baby gums to mash and chew!


- Blueberries. These are super healthy, packed with vitamins and flavour. A favourite with Mathilda. Great mixed with cereal or as a breakfast-time finger food.


- Mashed banana. This make a yummy creamy cereal for baby to enjoy.


- Steamed apple or pear (if you're feeling perky enough to make it!) can substitute the water/milk, as it's quite juicy.

 
- Cinnamon and/or Nutmeg. These are great added to plain oats or cereal, or teamed with the apple and cereal combo.


These are just a few ideas, but really the options are endless. Have fun experimenting!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment